- University of Cape Town, MBChB 1982.
- College of Medicine of South Africa – DASA [Diploma in Anesthesia] 1985.
- Institute of Corporate Directors ICD.D Rotman &Beedie School of Business 2019.
- SFU GPSC Leadership and Management Development Program 2011-2012.
- General Medical Council, London UK 1986-2020.
- Specialty – GP Anesthesia/Diving Medicine/Aviation Medicine.
- Registered Lobbyist Federal Government of Canada 2018-2020.
- CMA Board 2017-2020.
- CMA Finance Committee 2017-2020.
- CMA Governance Committee 2019-2020.
- UBC Clinical Faculty Association Board 2018-2020.
- Vancouver Medical Association President 2017- 2021.
- Chair CAUT Clinical Faculty Academic Freedom Subcommittee 2019-2020.
- President-Elect /President /Past President Doctors of British Columbia 2014-2017.
- Chair of General Assembly, BCMA/Doctors of British Columbia 2012-2013.
- Delegate, Canadian Medical Association General Council 2010-2019.
- Chair CPAC Doctors of BC 2016-2017.
- CHEP Doctors of British Columbia 2012-2013.
- BCMA/Doctors of British Columbia PSP Physician Champion, Adult and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use 2009-2020.
- • St Paul’s Hospital Shared Care Committee 2012-2020.
- • Vice-Chair, Vancouver Division of Family Practice 2010-2011.
- Vancouver Division of Family Practice (VDoFP) IT Committee 2010-2020.
- Creston Valley Hospital-Head, Department of Anesthesia 1990-1992.
- St Vincent’s Hospital Medical QA Committee 1992-2002.
- Clinical Examiner, Medical Council of Canada – LMCC 2005-2009
- Chair’s Recognition Award for Leadership and Contribution to the VDoFP 2016.
- Life Fellow Leo Marquard Hall University of Cape Town South Africa 1984.
- Pro Patria Medial-Operational service South West Africa /Namibia 1985.
- Life Patron Seaforth Highlanders of Canada 2015.
- Cape Town Club
- College of Medicine of South Africa
- Jericho Sailing Club
- Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Officers Mess, Associate Member
Windsurfing / Kite Boarding / Flying / Scuba Diving/ Skiing / Fishing / Snowboarding / Sailing with daughters aged 7 and 9 now taking precedence in my recreational activities.